Imperial Crowns - Preachin' The Blues - Live

Música, concerts, videoclips, sessions,...

Moderadors: xordi, mario1911

Respon

Autor del tema
beamn67
Entrades: 26
Membre des de: dt. maig 01, 2007 6:31

Imperial Crowns - Preachin' The Blues - Live

Entrada Autor: beamn67 » dc. maig 02, 2007 19:25

Hola.

Ací us deixo un dels millors CDs de Blues-Rock que he escoltat ultimament.

El grup es diu Imperial Crowns, el disc Preachin' The Blues i es en directe des de el Harmonie (Bonn/Alemania) el 23 de Març de 2004 dins del Rockpalast Crossroads Festival i editadt al Març del 2005.

Imatge

Es un ripeg mp3 LAME 3.92 a 256kbps. IMPRESCINDIBLE per aquells a qui els hi agrada el blues-rock.

Aquest CD es el tercer de la banda

http://www.imperialcrowns.com/Images/IC ... D8_151.jpg
http://www.imperialcrowns.com/Images/hymnbook_151c.jpg
http://www.imperialcrowns.com/Images/Li ... 90_153.jpg
http://www.imperialcrowns.com/Images/St ... ver153.jpg

Jimmie Wood Vox, Harmonica, Guitar
J J Holiday Lead Guitar, Bkgrd Vox
Michael Barsimanto Drums, Bkgrd Vox
Keith "Foxxe" Karman Bass

Tracklist

1. Preachin' The Blues
2. Lil' Death
3. Praise His Name
4. Big Boy
5. (Simply) Just A Dream
6. The River
7. Altar Of Love
8. Golden Girl
9. Blues Au Gogo
10. You Don't Miss Your Water
11. Ramblin' Woman Blues

URLs de Imperial Crows

[url]http://www.imperialcrowns.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/imperialcrowns[/url]

Els ki hi estiguin interessats, podeu mirar això abans :

"Próximos conciertos"
(mes-dia-año)

5/03/2007 - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz 3
5/04/2007 - Valencia, Spain - Black Note Club
5/05/2007 - Villanueva De Algaidas, Spain - Rincona Rock
5/08/2007 - Leon, Spain - Cafeteria 3 Universidad
5/09/2007 - Lierganes, Spain - Los Picos
5/10/2007 - Bilbao, Spain - Kafe Antzokia
5/11/2007 - Asturias, Spain - tba
5/12/2007 - Mondragon, Spain - tba

Presentación de esta banda en Barcelona
Razzmatazz 3 c/. Pamplona, 66 Barcelona, Jueves 3 de mayo 22 h

Entradas a la venta en Ticktackticket (http://www.ticktackticket.com)

Si, si, demà al Razzmatazz, jo ja tinc les entrades. Qui si apunta ?

Us poso tambè una mica de critica/bio que he trobat per ahí...

Imperial Crowns

Blues / Funk / Rock

Imperial Crowns han sabido crear un estilo de música tradicional y contemporáneo a la vez con un amplio recorrido individual en la difícil escena musical de L.A.

En los tiempos que corren, dos líneas de acción acaparan el mundo del blues. Una es la que desea mantenerlo “puro”, convertido en una única y bella pieza de museo. Otra se centra en el gusto por la innovación y el desarrollo sin fin. Como no podía ser de otra forma, "Imperial Crowns" son unos de los abanderados de esta segunda manera de entender el blues en la actualidad, y prueba de ello son trabajos como “Hymn book”, todo un compendio de buen blues regado de soul y funk con reminisciencias a Otis Redding y Captain Beefheart, o “Preachin’ the blues – Live!”, una auténtica joya en directo grabada en la ciudad alemana de Bonn en su gira europea de 2004.

Pesos pesados del tamaño de Bruce Springsteen, Beck, Bob Dylan o Billy Preston ya han conocido lo que es compartir escenario con "Imperial Crowns"… No dejes escapar la oportunidad de conocerlo por tu propia cuenta!

Imperial Crowns - Biografia

[url]http://www.rufrecords.de/biography/35_i ... raphy.html[/url]

This is what it is!

If you're a man, The Imperial Crowns music makes ya wanna git out on the hard streets and preach the Holy Gospel, then armed with a cheap small caliber pistol, rob a liquor store, make it to your best friend's house while he's away on his job, and make love to his girlfriend. By the time he drags his weary ass home, his girl, his mama and you are sittin' around the kitchen table with a bucket of Popeye's. You look up at him without batting an eye and say "Have some chicken, bruh."
If you're a woman, The Imperial Crowns music makes ya wanna walk back into that office you been bustin' your ass in for the last nine and a half hours, and tell the boss's son who gave you that "relaxing neck rub," "If ya put your fuckin' hands on me one more time, I'll kick your narrow ass all the way to Cleveland and back," then jump in your car, drive to Tijuana and have your interior tuck n' rolled, pull up to your boyfriend's pad Sunday morning, honk the horn 'til he comes out and tell him, "We're havin' church in the car, baby!"
Well, be you woman or be you man, the music of the Imperial Crowns is gonna make you wanna do SOMETHING! Most likely you won't rob a liquor store after hearing (and hopefully witnessing) these hard working souls, but you SHALL be left with an impression that's gonna stay with ya for a good long time.
These days, there are those who feel The Blues should be kept "pure." locked in a museum, and worshipped. Well, the Imperial Crowns say KISS MY ASS to that! Preachin' the blues everywhere they go, pimpin' the blues like a lowdown 'ho!!!

This is who it is!

"I loved the music, but Lord God that man BLASPHEMES"! one woman said about singer Jimmie Wood's between-the-tunes, semi X-rated, fully Pentecostal rants which often last longer than the songs. Born to movie industry parents, ("Ava Gardner shoved my face into her tits when I was just a little shaver. Ooh wee!"). How did he wind up in Houston billed as "The Teenage Sensation" opening up for Little Junior Parker in the early '60's? Wood can't remember, but will tell you why he left Houston. "Don Robey (notorious owner of Duke Records) really wanted to sign me to his label "Back Beat," and I didn't wanna do it. He started to go for bad on me, so I pushed his ass down the stairs at the "The Brass Peacock." His thugs were gonna put me down for keeps, when I heard a voice say "Be cool everybody." That was the first time I ever laid eyes on J.J. Holiday and he was holding a cannon in each hand. Those dudes backed off, we got in J.J.s Mercury, and hit the road back to LA."

J.J. Holiday's gotta big greezy sound when he plays his axe. A stone soul poet of the slide guitar, he carries the Delta in his ass pocket. He's played on all kinds of modern shit, but his first work was on the last known recordings made for the Paramount label (home to Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Blake, and The Hokum Boys), before it folded. Grandma and Grandpa will love him just as much as the teenagers do!

Kevin "Pharoah" Farrell is a bad cat with sharp claws! Still a young man but definitely an old soul, with as much depth and ability as any well seasoned player twice his age. Rollin' like thunder over the land, he bends himself over that bass guitar and delivers his message. The foundation is here baby! His face will break out in a cheshire cat grin as if he's even astounding himself at the bad ass shit he's layin' down! We won't even talk 'bout the response he gets from the women in the audience. You can dig that for yourself!

Michael Barsimanto doesn't just play the drums. He whups the drums. He teases the drums. He worships the drums! Knockin' hip cats out from coast to coast, and across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. He's a quiet kinda dude. He don't talk too damn much. That's because he's feelin' rhythm in the air, in nature and city sounds. There's always a beat pulsing through his soul! You'll feel it too, when ya hear him do his thing. If ya can't feel it, go down to the coroner, and have yourself pronounced dead!

If ya really gotta know some of the heavyweights these cats have played with over their careers, heres the short list ...

Sam Moore, Bruce Springsteen, Greg Allman, Gus Cannon, Gladys Knight, PIL, Freddy Hubbard, Billy Preston, Mike Ness, Megadeath, Bob Dylan, Andy Summers, Andre Heller, Taj Mahal, The Blind Boys, Cheap Trick, Jean Luc Ponty, Robert Jr. Lockwood, Ofra Haza, Bruce Hornsby, Sunnyland Slim, Beck, Wolf Mann, Charlie Musselwhite, Freddy King, Otis Clay, etc, etc., etc.

The future that is yet to be looks bright!
Now you know what it is!

ara, ara, acì teniu el elink per la mula.

Imperial Crowns - Preachin' The Blues (Live)_per-beamn67.rar

Autor del tema
beamn67
Entrades: 26
Membre des de: dt. maig 01, 2007 6:31

Entrada Autor: beamn67 » dc. maig 02, 2007 19:28

Si us plau !!!

Algú em pot dir perquè el link a la mula no surt bé ?
Moderadors ajudeu'me please.... !!!!

Gràcies

Petiso
Site Admin
Site Admin
Entrades: 16299
Membre des de: dv. oct. 06, 2006 13:13

Entrada Autor: Petiso » dc. maig 02, 2007 19:32

Fet :-)

Adéu !
Imatge Imatge

Respon